Outstanding Opportunity - Intellectual Property Services Firm
Established in 1873, WP Thompson today is a truly 21st century practice offering the full range of Intellectual Property (IP) services.
In our core activities we seek the most appropriate, cost-effective and commercially valuable protection for our clients' intellectual property. We also offer in-depth advice on contentious and commercial matters relating to both our clients’ and third party rights through the filing and prosecution of Patent, Trade Mark and Design applications.
Our experience in forming appropriate strategies for clients extends well beyond the preparation and filing of relevant applications. It covers also enforcement and licensing strategies to assist clients in maximising the leverage and return from their intellectual investments and resulting IP.
Our offices are in London, Liverpool and Munich, although the position is currently unlikely to involve much, if any, travel to Munich.
WP Thompson wishes to appoint a Practice Director to lead the business strategically and operationally. You will report to Partners and be their guide and facilitator in relation to strategic changes. The role will compromise that of Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer and will include responsibility for:
- Strategy and long term planning – developing and facilitating a winning strategy
- Finance and risk – providing the essential planning and control information todeliver a profitable business model and overseeing firm wide risk management and compliance
- HR, Marketing and IT – overseeing HR, IT and Marketing activities, supporting staff, developing HR, IT and Marketing strategy and plans, having a high degree of visibility to all staff in offices in London and Liverpool
- Office and services management
- Practice management, project / programme management and process improvement
- Developing and delivering programmes to improve Firm effectiveness and productivity e.g. management committee and support to practice area steering groups
The ideal candidate is likely to be a qualified accountant or equivalent. You will be experienced in a general management role within a professional services or similar environment and will have led the development of a market based business strategy with particular focus on long term client satisfaction Skills include:
- The ability to gain / retain the confidence of Partners; excellent interpersonal and communication skills across the full range of stakeholders
- Strong financial / commercial acumen
- Strong planning, priority setting and time management capability
- Outstanding leadership and team development skills
- In terms of personality, you are an energetic, enthusiastic and engaging team player who is results-focused and shares our ambitions for the business.
A competitive remuneration and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate. To apply in the first instance, please send a covering email and CV to email@example.com For more information about WP Thompson, visit: www.wpt.co.uk