Legal and Compliance Counsel
Legal and Compliance Counsel – Helsby, Cheshire
Due to recent and continuing company expansion we are looking to recruit an ambitious individual to join the team with this new and exciting role to assist with the ongoing growth and challenges that RSK has set itself.
RSK has seen significant growth over the years and is looking for a Legal and Compliance Counsel to complement the team on a full-time, permanent basis.
This is a key hire and will provide vital day to day support to the business reporting directly to the Finance Director. The position will be challenging and varied giving the successful candidate a great opportunity to expand both their legal and company secretarial duties.
As a Legal and Compliance Counsel you will be dealing with a varied caseload to include: reviewing and advising on a range of commercial contracts and legal documents, policies and procedures, provide advice and counsel to the business on compliance issues and support the design and application of compliance programmes.
- Fulfil role of Group Compliance Officer
- Company secretarial duties across the RSK Group
- Supporting the Trustees in the running of our Employee Benefit Trust
- Supporting the business with the strategic Acquisition plan
- Supporting the Finance Director in compliance with our finance facilities documentation
- Review of commercial, property related and other legal documentation as required
- Ad hoc project work
The successful candidate will ideally have a background in corporate law with an appreciation of company secretarial duties in a fast paced environment. This role is most suited to an adaptable person who will thrive under pressure and be happy to take on new challenges.
- Qualified Solicitor with 5 years PQE
- Previous experience in Commercial matters, and experience within auditing legal and compliance risk areas would be desirable
- Flexibility to travel to other key locations throughout the UK
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy and with a keen eye for detail
- Able to work to regular deadlines and timetables
Salary and benefits
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training and career development
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter to Kate Pine, Senior HR Advisor – email@example.com or for more information please call 01928 726006.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top 10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2017) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
To see further career opportunities with RSK Group, visit our website www.rsk.co.uk
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.