In-House Employment Lawyer
Based in Lancashire - an interesting opportunity to combine a legal career with a commercial management role.
A superb in-house opportunity has arisen for a specialist employment lawyer to join a sizeable (£70m + turnover) and well established business based in Lancashire.
The nature of the role requires an employment lawyer with not less than 2 yrs PQE. As well as undertaking the in-house legal role as an employment law specialist, you will also have the opportunity to develop your commercial management skills and undertake a creative role implementing change and delivering training within the organisation.
Working as part of the HR team, you will be involved in:
- Preparing employment contracts, policies and staff manuals,
- Maintaining, improving and updating on HR policies and procedures,
- Assisting senior management with contract negotiations and appointments,
- Providing effective Employee Relations advice and guidance,
- Working with HR to ensure a rewarding culture and engaged workforce,
- Reporting and advising at board level,
- Ensuring compliance, fairness and procedural correctness on recruitment, performance monitoring and where necessary, terminations,
- Providing support to HR and Line Managers on conduct and performance issues,
- Advising on grievance and disciplinary procedures,
- Negotiating terminations and attending to employment law proceedings,
- Delivering training internally on employment law, engagement and employee relations.
The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list, but hopefully gives an overview of the nature of the appointment. It’s an interactive and integral role requiring legal skills with managerial and project management capabilities to continually improve efficiency and employee relations.
As well as an established legal career in employment law, of equal importance is to appoint someone with gravitas and excellent communication skills able to engage with a diverse workforce at all levels of a multi-functional business.