Real Estate Solicitor
We are recruiting for an ambitious and motivated Real Estate Solicitor with a minimum of 2 years PQE to join our development team dealing with land acquisitions and disposals and strategic land transactions.
Our development team act for landowners, private sector developers/housebuilders, promoters and affordable housing providers on all aspects of the development process on both instant and strategic development schemes.
- Responsible for running own caseload and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Ensure all new instructions are appropriately scoped and priced to achieve target gross margin and signed off by line manager.
- Draft and negotiate conditional and unconditional contracts, options and promotion agreements, transfers, exclusivity agreements, overage and pre-emption agreements.
- Maintain the integrity of data in key platforms such as Lawsoft, Visualfiles, Worksite and InterAction by ensuring that they are updated in a timely manner.
- Robust matter management and financial hygiene.
- Support business development/marketing.
- Provide marketing support e.g. writing copy and reports, updating literature and seeking out networking opportunities.
- Assist the more senior lawyers with more complex transactions.
- Undertake legal research both as requested and on own initiative.
The successful Solicitor will have a solid commercial real estate background and will ideally but not necessarily have experience in development. An interest in development work and the motivation and desire to learn is essential. You will have good client and team communication skills and a desire to play a key role in the future of the development team. Above all, you will be able to deliver succinct, quality and tailored advice to key clients. You will also be able to demonstrate the ability to work both autonomously and as a team player and will have high levels of motivation.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including 25 days annual leave (rising to 30 days), pension, training and development, private medical insurance, life assurance, healthcare scheme, subsidised gym membership, on-site restaurant, childcare vouchers, and an active social committee.