Conveyancing Quality Scheme – Consultant
The Law Society's Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS) provides a recognised quality standard for residential conveyancing practices.
The Law Society is currently looking to appoint a consultant to provide independent and objective advice and guidance on the development of the Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS). The purpose of the role will be to assist the Society in the development of CQS assessments and to deliver high quality assessment proposals and documentation.
This role will be on a consultancy basis and will be remunerated. It is anticipated this role will require around 8-12 working days between September and November 2018.
Role Description and Responsibilities
- Provide independent advice and guidance to the Society on the development of CQS and CQS assessments.
- Work collaboratively with staff and members of the Law Society to form recommendations which meet the Society’s needs and the needs to the membership.
- Prepare recommendation reports, assessment documentation and assessment guides to further develop CQS assessments, including documents which might be used internally by staff and externally with members.
- Provide training to relevant staff at the Society
Essential Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Qualified solicitor with extensive experience in residential conveyancing and the CQS with thorough understanding of the residential conveyancing market and the associated risks for both solicitors, lenders and clients and how to successfully mitigate those risks.
- An understanding of current regulation and best practice within the residential conveyancing market and an understanding of the CQS Protocol.
- Experience in setting, developing and/or implementing quality standards and a thorough understanding of educational quality assurance and best practice.
- Demonstrable understanding of the different needs of key stakeholders in the residential conveyancing market and the ability to determine how CQS can best address those needs.
- Be comfortable working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Proven creative problem-solving ability in complex situations along with the ability to make supported recommendations independently and confidently.
- Collaborative yet able to work independently.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal communication
- Excellent command of standard Microsoft Office Applications, notably Word and Excel
Desirable Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience in the insurance and/or mortgage lending industry
- Experience of building sound risk-based scorecards
- Ability to model and analyse relevant intelligence data through a Scorecard
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and cover letter to Rachel.Hawkins@LawSociety.org.uk
Apply for Conveyancing Quality Scheme – Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly