Legal Consultant – Chepstow
Legal Consultant – Chepstow
Our client, a leading management consultancy covering the whole UK, specialising in helping businesses to achieve and maintain certification to ISO standards.
The company has a market-leading proprietary software product to identify the specific legal requirements that apply to them in the areas of Environmental, Energy, Health & Safety, Information Security law and the GDPR. The legal content is developed and maintained via their in-house legal team.
The firm are experiencing a period of growth and are looking to double capacity in the legal team by taking on another full-time team member.
The candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in law and have passed the Bar Professional Training Course, or have a master’s degree in law. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who would like to move away from private practice into a close knit team.
The legal team currently comprises one full-time member, who covers two distinct areas of activity:
- maintenance of the legal database
- providing Data Protection Officer (DPO) services to clients
Day-to-day, the work involves:
- Checking daily for changes to Environmental, Energy, Health & Safety and Information Security legislation applicable to the UK, and updating/maintaining the in-house database accordingly
- Analysing new legislation to extract the legal requirements applicable to businesses and presenting these in layman’s terms
- Adapting the structure of the questionnaire to incorporate changes to legislation as and when they occur
- Responding to queries from clients regarding the interpretation of specific legal requirements
- Preparing the content of the monthly forward-looking briefing on future-dated legislation (Environmental, Energy, Health & Safety and Information Security and the GDPR)
- Supporting consultants who have legal specific queries on Environmental, Energy, Health & Safety, Information Security law and the GDPR relevant to their clients
- Providing DPO services to clients
- Experience of contract review
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-qualification practical experience of at least 12 months is essential.
- Direct experience working with Environmental, Energy, Health & Safety, Information Security law and the GDPR is not essential but would be a bonus.
- Ideally, the candidate will be able to cover the full spectrum of day-to-day activity. However, candidates who do not currently have relevant experience/qualifications to cover GDPR and DPO services will be considered.
- Keen attention to detail
- Works with minimal direction and takes full ownership of the role
- Ability to maintain standards while working quickly under pressure
- Professional, approachable manner with clients
- Must live within comfortable commuting distance of Chepstow or have your own transport
As well as a competitive salary, the firm offer some excellent benefits including:
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 5% pension
- Free parking
- Training and course assistance
- Discretionary firm wide bonus
Should you be interested in applying for this role or would even like to have a more general chat to find out further information please contact Rachel Phillips at TSR LEGAL for a confidential discussion or apply directly for the role below: