Assistant Solicitor – Human Rights
Assistant Solicitor - Human Rights
Leigh Day is seeking to appoint an Assistant Solicitor with 4 years PQE to join our highly renowned Human Rights team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a coveted, award winning, specialist ‘claimant’ law firm renowned for ground breaking cases.
One focus of this role will be litigation, handling cases that include individual/group claims relating to poor treatment in hospital/social care setting/ schools raising negligence and human rights issues. It will involve low value clinical negligence claims, representing victims’ families in inquest.
The other focus of this role will be assisting on the Infected Blood Inquiry and will ideally suit someone with experience in inquiry work.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities;
- To conduct cases on behalf of Human Rights clients to the highest standards.
- To assist the firm in achieving its stated professional and commercial objectives.
To be successful you must;
- Be a qualified lawyer with 4 years PQE in Legal Aid and/or Human Rights in public and/or private law. However, practitioners with relevant litigation experience gained prior to qualification will also be considered
- Have substantial experience in analysing complex factual and legal situations and advising clients in accordance with their aims.
- Have demonstrable working knowledge of the CPR and drafting pre-action correspondence/pleadings
- Have substantial experience in dealing sensitively with vulnerable client groups, providing solutions and managing difficult situations and conversations.
- Ideally have demonstrable legal experience in the Court of Protection and of mental capacity law
To be considered for this post you must be eligible to practice as a lawyer in England and Wales.
Please visit our website http://www.leighday.co.uk/Careers/Solicitors to download the job description and application form.
This is a 12 month (with the possibility of extension) fixed term, full-time position based in London.
Please return the following documents to email@example.com by 26 August 2018.
- A covering letter stating why you are interested in this role, your salary expectations and applicable notice period.
- A copy of your up-to-date CV.
- The completed application form (downloadable from our website).
Unfortunately we may not be able to consider applications where this information is not provided.
Leigh Day is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. A copy of the Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request.