We are looking for a self-motivated and proactive Probate Assistant to join our dedicated Private Client team. Our probate lawyers help families and executors to sort out all the legal and financial matters when someone close to them dies, completing all the necessary paperwork to distribute the estate of the deceased to the beneficiaries according to their last will and testament.
- Assist with the preparation of probate documentation to clients and external organisations from client Instruction to Completion. Provide support in the drafting of legal documents.
- Action designated incoming correspondence in a timely and efficient manner to ensure deadlines/critical dates are met.
- Take responsibility for standard procedures and/or own matters as instructed by supervisor.
- Liaise with clients and external organisations, by correspondence and over the telephone. Take and convey messages.
- Attend and participate in client and internal meeting as required.
- Provide administrative support as required.
- To assist the team with marketing as instructed by supervisor.
- All administration of probate files.
- Prepare Estate accounts and Inland Revenue accounts. Approve accounts and make payments.
- Lodge deeds/documents. Open and close files. Maintain and create office systems.
- Open/date/sort/prioritise incoming post where appropriate.
- Any other duties with the scope and spirit of the post as required.
We are looking for someone who has experience of working within Probate. You will demonstrate excellent organisational and IT skills as well as written and verbal communication skills. You should be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines and be a strong team player.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package; including 22 days annual leave (in addition to bank holidays), pension, training and development, healthcare scheme, subsidised gym membership, on-site canteen, car parking and an active social committee.