Personal Injury Paralegal – Trainee Solicitor
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Personal Injury Paralegal to join the Personal Injury department at DBS, a professional services firm located on the edge of Birmingham City Centre. After a period of 6 months you will be considered for the role of Trainee Solicitor.
The Personal Injury department is dedicated to serving injured clients. We act for individuals who have suffered a wide range of injuries and aim to offer them all the highest standards of fairness and integrity at all times. We have a national reputation in personal injury law.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual.
You will have 3 years minimum experience in personal injury cases, be enthusiastic, self-motivated and take pride in being the best with a desire to progress and ability to work well in a team.
Working alongside a senior solicitor, you will be a confident and effective communicator and have the ability to acquire an understanding of the legal process quickly and accurately and will be focused on providing a high professional service to clients. You will enjoy being challenged by legal issues and expanding your knowledge in return we offer great career development opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
- Answering all incoming calls.
- Sorting incoming mail
- Data input onto internal bespoke system
- Filing and archiving
- Checking outgoing post
- Ad hoc tasks as required to support the personal injury department and business as a whole
- 3 years experience of personal injury work;
- Excellent client care skills;
- Strong administration and coordination skills;
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills;
- The ability to communicate professionally at all levels within the firm;
- The ability to work calmly under pressure; and
- Excellent attention to detail.
Candidates will also be expected to demonstrate that they are:
- Self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision;
- Able to work in a busy, professional environment;
- Proactive in their approach;
- Focused on the delivery of a first class service and able to get hands on when required;
- Wiliness to learn; and
- A team player who can manage, motivate and work alongside others.
Join our team
What drives your decision for what law firm to work for? Is it being given the opportunity to excel in your field in a thriving client base? Is it the chance to be innovative within your field and offer your clients that something special? Or are you more inclined to work somewhere that allows you to improve both yourself and the communities around you?
If so, then DBS is the perfect fit for you!
More than a law firm
At DBS Law, we’re not like traditional law firms – and we don’t hide it!
We’re always looking at innovative new ways of servicing our clients, staying true to our core values of providing award-winning customer service, working to provide added value beyond our legal service offering, and having a positive impact to the communities we serve in the Midlands and nationwide.
This is highlighted through being the first law firm to receive the Government Cabinet Office’s Customer Service Excellence charter mark award, through our additional offerings through our legal and professional services such as our fee-share network Atrium or our lunchtime briefings Law over Lunch, as well as through our community work with DBS Heart.
Through extensive investment in our IT infrastructure, we are now able to offer a number of flexible working initiatives to our staff including flexible hours, home working, and hot-desking.
We offer our staff a range of employee benefits including:
- private health insurance
- dental cover,
- a monthly contribution towards gym membership,
- life assurance,
- death in service cover, and
- a stakeholder pension.