A newly or recently qualified corporate/commercial Lawyer is required by a leading, modern and extremely progressive law firm that has grown substantially over the last few years to become a Top 200 UK Law firm. The opening of two new offices, together with several high profile lateral hires have put their name firmly in place as a leader in this part of the UK. State of the art systems, an open culture, first class management and a client base of quality rather than quantity are on offer.
Working alongside, and assisting, partners and solicitors within the Corporate and Commercial department. Duties will include:
- Supporting the Corporate and Commercial department and it’s growth
- Business development and client care
- Undertaking both corporate and commercial work, including:
- Corporate re-organisations, mergers and demergers;
- Assisting with all aspects of share and asset acquisitions and sales, including being responsible for the day-to-day operation of due diligence and disclosure exercises and drafting key transaction documents;
- Shareholder and partnership agreements;
- General commercial agreements;
- Terms and conditions;
- Data protection and GDPR;
- Providing independent legal advice on banking and other documentation;
- General company administration; and
- Corporate finance
You will also require a willingness to be involved in the networking and marketing activities of the department, including presentations, briefings, and attending external functions.