Personal Injury & Clinical Negligence Solicitor
Personal Injury & Clinical Negligence Solicitor to Head the Department
M&K Solicitors Limited
We are a High Street firm based in Luton. We are currently looking to recruit a Personal Injury & Clinical Negligence Solicitor to Head the Department.
The Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence Solicitor, will have the responsibility to head the Department. The firm mainly deals with Claimant work.
The Solicitor will have the responsibility to manage all personal injury claims which consist of: road traffic accidents, employer’s liability claims, public liability claims. The Solicitor must have the experience to deal with multi-track caseloads.
The Solicitor will also have to have extensive litigation experience within the personal injury field and also for general civil matters. The Solicitor must have sound advocacy skills, and be able to make representations in court.
The Solicitor should also have experience with dealing with clinical negligence claims brought by individuals.
The Solicitor should also have the broader experience to deal with general civil litigation work.
The jobholder will encourage, mentor and develop all members of the team to including Solicitors, Fee Earners, Paralegals and Admin Assistants. They will ensure the team meets is objectives and targets and.
- Monitoring the caseload/workload of team members distributing files or tasks and dealing with capacity planning
- Maximising the personal development of team members and identifying training needs ensuring that post training evaluation takes place
- Providing an ‘environment’ where team members feel motivated
- Promoting team working
- Continuously improving the quality of work in the team, conducting audits as required by administrative policies and procedures, giving feedback to team members and drafting and implementing improvement plans
- Monitoring weekly and monthly financial management information of the team and team members and managing performance of team members against Key Performance Indicators
- Checking incoming and outgoing post as required by administrative policies and procedures
- Preparing for and conducting Team Meetings, including disseminating information from Team Leader or Departmental Meetings.
- Speaking with clients and developing relationships with key stakeholders.
- Managing team members according to the firms policies and employment laws and ensuring that HR procedures are followed such as appraisals, discipline and grievances
- Effectively deal with complaints through agreed handling processes.
- To ensure compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 Years’ experience conducting own caseload of personal injury files, Serious Injury/Clinical Negligence cases including advocacy and litigation
- Knowledge of claimant Be able to handle a caseload that is mixed of litigated and non-litigated, mid to high value multi track cases
- Experience managing fee earning team
- Excellent Billing Record
- Ability to manage a team of Solicitors, Trainees and Support Staff
· Location: Luton
· Salary Range: £TBA
· Job Type: Permanent
· Working Hours: Monday-Friday (full-time)