Salary: £41,212 to £47,722
Closing Date: 05/10/2018
The Legal, Governance and Compliance Directorate is led by the Director of Legal, Governance and Compliance. The Directorate forms part of the University Registrar and Secretary’s portfolio, which also includes Student Services, Health and Safety and Business Improvement and Assurance.
The Directorate works collaboratively to provide a variety of services to the university including:
- an effective and efficient legal service across a number of specialisms;
- effective and efficient governance structures and functions for the University as a charity and
- otherwise, including the relationship with the Office for Students and other regulators;
- accessible and responsive student complaints and disciplinary systems;
- effective and efficient data protection and freedom of information compliance and other information governance systems.
There are four teams within the Directorate: Legal Services, Information Compliance, Governance and Business Support.
The Legal Services team are the first point of call for legal advice across the spectrum of University business (including matters relating to intellectual property, employment, governance, contracts, finance, student issues, litigation and so on). The key area of legal work will cover employment and related matters, but the successful applicant will be expected to deal with anything that comes up.
To discuss this role informally, please contact Jill Byron, Director of Legal, Governance and Compliance, T
01482 465835, E: G.L.Byron@hull.ac.uk
At Hull we are committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level, because we believe a diverse workforce brings broader expertise, improved innovation and greater success for all.