Head of Legal Services
2 days left
- Contract type
Head of Legal Services (Grade 6)
The Trade Remedies Authority
£58,574 - £68,392
YOU PROTECT, BRITAIN PROSPERS
The Trade Remedies Authority (TRA) plays an important and rewarding role. We’ll be responsible for keeping trade free and fair ensuring that UK business competes on a level playing field after the UK leaves the European Union. Stepping in to investigate complaints of unfair trade, we’ll provide essential protection for UK industry, and in turn for the nation’s prosperity.
For you, it’s an unprecedented career opportunity. Play your part for the UK, make your mark in a new organisation.
You’ll play an integral role in developing our strategy for the future, providing legal advice on trade remedies, , leading and managing a team of Legal Advisors, supporting the General Counsel and advising the TRA Board. You’ll also make sure your team has what they need to succeed, building relationships with your own team and others across the TRA. You’ll be an inspirational leader and mentor, with the ability to work across multiple workstreams.
You’ll be an authoritative voice on the legal issues arising from anti-dumping and subsidy investigations, reviews and other work undertaken by the TRA
Without you, fair trade wouldn't be possible. Bringing unrivalled experience and a firm grasp of international developments, our legal experts shape all operations. Joining us, you’ll ensure the UK can deliver a truly world-class trade remedies system, while building invaluable, high-profile, global experience. Managing our large team of Legal Advisors, you’ll ensure they have the skills and resources to give UK businesses the confidence to trade.
Senior collaboration and accountability are key, as you’ll work closely with internal teams, and directors, while ultimately being responsible to the General Counsel. As you’ll be building relationships with stakeholders, some travel will may be involved.
- Degree educated (2:1 or above), or evidence of an equivalent high level academic or professional achievement.
- Fully qualified lawyer entitled to practise in the UK or willingness to sit and pass the QLTT on appointment.
- Significant knowledge of and practical post-qualification experience in one or more of the following areas: international trade, UK and EU competition or consumer law, regulatory law or State aid casework, together with knowledge and appreciation of applicable public law.
- Experience building relationships with your own team and other departments, you’ll be an inspirational leader and mentor.
It is desirable if you can provide evidence and examples of: -
- An in-depth knowledge of trade remedies in the WTO and/or EU context and the WTO dispute settlement system; and/or
- Experience of advising in high-profile public or commercial circles
In particular, we are looking for the following:
- Excellent communication skills, experience of dealing with senior internal and external stakeholders and of leading legal teams - ideally to work with Investigative and/or multi-disciplinary teams effectively.
- Significant experience in leadership, managing, coaching and motivating staff including managing performance, development and overseeing delivery of work.
- The ability to think strategically and creatively, see legal issues in their wider context and advise accordingly
- Reliable legal judgement and appreciation of legal risk
- Sound analysis using secure legal research to produce timely and fit for purpose advice
- An understanding of the role of lawyers in Government
- Be experienced in leading large teams
To apply, please complete the online form, here.