Assistant Solicitor – Clinical Negligence
Assistant Solicitor – Clinical Negligence, Ref: AS/CN/CF/SEPT18
Leigh Day is seeking to appoint an Assistant Solicitor with 0-3 years PQE to join Claire Fazan’s team and to work with Claire in its highly acclaimed Clinical Negligence Department. This is an excellent opportunity to join a coveted, award winning, specialist ‘claimant’ law firm renowned for ground breaking cases.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities;
- To work on cases on behalf of Clinical Negligence clients to the highest standards.
- To assist the firm in achieving its stated professional and commercial objectives.
- To anticipate as well as to respond to clients’ needs and demands.
- Sharing of information with colleagues.
- To participate in the growth and development of the department/firm.
To be successful you must;
- Be a qualified lawyer (0-3 years PQE) with a demonstrable interest in working within clinical negligence - experience in this area is highly desirable.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to equality, access to justice for all and affordable legal advice of the highest standard.
- Demonstrable knowledge in conduct of cases from initial advice through to trial.
- Demonstrable experience of managing a large number of cases with limitation/service and court deadlines.
- Substantial experience in calculating losses in Schedule of Loss (often large and complex).
To be considered for this post you must be eligible to practice as a lawyer in England and Wales.
Please visit our website http://www.leighday.co.uk/Careers/Solicitors to download the job description and application form.
This is a permanent, full-time position based in London.
Please return the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7 October 2018.
- A covering letter stating why you are interested in this role, your salary expectations and applicable notice period.
- A copy of your up-to-date CV.
- The completed application form (downloadable from our website).
Unfortunately we may not be able to consider applications where this information is not provided.
Valuing diversity is essential to Leigh Day’s on-going success. We are committed to creating a working culture where everyone’s contributions are encouraged and valued and the workplace is free from barriers to inclusion, particularly for those from under-represented backgrounds.
Should you have a disability or long-term condition that requires adjustments to the application or interview process, please contact us, in confidence, to discuss your requirements.
More information about equality, diversity and inclusion at Leigh Day is available on our website.