Join Cardno in Honiara, Solomon Islands to support the Legal Information Access Project work of consolidating the amended laws of Solomon Islands.
This role also involves:
- Supporting the Legal Information Access Project Manager as required in the compilation of amendments into principal laws including preparation of historical notes for each amended law detailing the history of amendments to the title, including preparation of point in time versions of consolidated laws as part of the process;
- Reviewing, revising and proof-reading consolidated versions of legislation to ensure amendments have been correctly incorporated, legislation has been correctly formatted and is to the Attorney General Chambers satisfaction;
- Reviewing, revising and proof-reading historical endnotes to consolidated versions of legislation for accuracy
Click here to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria.
You will be a motivated and proactive Legal Editor with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You will also have:
- Tertiary qualifications in law, justice or a related discipline or substantial professional experience in legal editing or proof-reading
- Demonstrated experience in the consolidation and publication of legislation, including drafting historical endnotes, in a common-law country.
- Experience in editorial proof-reading and excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills and understanding of IT concepts.
- Resilience, flexibility and an ability to work both autonomously on administrative tasks with limited supervision.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Cardno team. Click the "apply" button to submit your application online with the reference number CID/MT/SIRF/LE by Sunday 11 November. Your application must include the following:
- Your CV; and
- Completed application form in lieu of a cover letter.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs
Cardno is committed to Child Protection in all fields. Cardno is an equal opportunity employer. Any offer of employment will require criminal record clearance.