Intellectual Property Paralegal - Hong Kong
My client is law firm (headquarters in London) where their people are committed to achieving the goals of their clients. Their experience encompasses corporate, commercial litigation and arbitration, employment and pensions, finance, marine and international trade and real estate.
They are looking to hire an IP Paralegal to join their Hong Kong team which comprises of 9 partners, 22 associates, 1 Legal Director, 6 Legal Executives / Paralegals and 11 secretaries.
- Coordinate with clients and third parties on trademark, design and patent applications/registrations;
- Carry out e-filing;
- Assist and support lawyers in handling litigation files, carrying out information research;
- Drafting documents and correspondence, preparing bundles, checking compliance with court procedures and rules, preparation for hearings and communicating and meeting with clients whenever necessary;
- Attending short trademark hearings with and without Counsel; and
- Carry out company searches.
Attributes / skills required
- Diploma in Legal Studies or a willingness to commit to undertaking the course;
- Good command of spoken English and Putonghua; able to read and write simplified Chinese;
- Proficient computer knowledge (MS Word and Chinese word-processing);
- A high level of client care (internal and external); and
- Able to work with colleagues in a team, and sometimes to short deadlines, good interpersonal communication skills.
You will be joining an award winning team and be given the opportunity to develop your career to the next level.