Andrew Kingston & Co. was formed in 2004. We have been undertaking residential conveyancing since 2007, and have acquired an enviable reputation in relation to this, to build upon our well known expertise in other areas such as civil and commercial litigation. We have been pioneers in publishing our fees on our website, many years before any suggestion that this should be compulsory as is about to be the case. In consequence we have a very high success rate in converting quotations into instructions. However, our reputation is based on doing the work to the highest standard, not on the prices we charge.
We have a vacancy for an experienced Residential Conveyancer, working full time from 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. This vacancy is to cover maternity leave in the first instance. However, once our imminent application for CQS approval is granted we expect it to result in a considerable increase in the volume of instructions received, as we will return to all the panels that now require CQS. The position is therefore expected to become permanent.
- be able to demonstrate existing experience and knowledge of, and aptitude in, dealing with conveyancing throughout the process from instruction to file closure, ideally in a CQS environment. Formal qualifications as a Solicitor, FILEX, Licensed Conveyancer etc. are of secondary importance to proven ability to do the work to the highest standard;
- be self-motivated, and have an interest in and enthusiasm for this type of work;
- be able to carry out the work efficiently and effectively, without requiring excessive supervision (although all necessary support will of course be given);
- be able to relate well to our clients and external colleagues;
- be able to work effectively as a member of a small team; and
- have a good command of English, and be able to communicate accurately and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
The successful candidate will in return receive:-
- a competitive salary, according to ability, experience and qualifications;
- a contributory workplace pension (NEST);
- 25 days’ per year paid leave plus all statutory Bank Holidays;
- any necessary training and support, paid for by us;
- a pleasant working environment in modern City centre offices, as part of a small friendly team; and
- if as expected the position becomes permanent, then genuine opportunities for career advancement.
The closing date for applications is 21st December 2018, but we reserve the right to make an offer of employment prior to that date. Applications should be made in writing, supported by a full CV, and sent to Mr A Kingston either by post or by e-mail to email@example.com.
Please note that applications submitted through Employment Agencies will be automatically disregarded. Interested candidates who are registered with such Agencies should therefore apply directly to us. No Employment Agency has been authorised to seek candidates on our behalf.