Associate or Senior Associate - Commercial Property
7 days left
- Contract type
We are looking for a self-motivated and proactive Associate or Senior Associate to work 4 or 5 days per week in our ambitious Real Estate team. Ideally you will be looking for a role with progression, as you will be mentored to develop the role further, over time, as part of our succession planning.
You will be a general commercial property lawyer and this role offers you an opportunity to act for large corporate and charity clients (including 2 FTSE 100 companies). The role will include:
- Fee earning (dealing with a variety of work to include freehold and landlord and tenant work) with considerable retail focus
- Handling complex transactions with no supervision
- Supervising and helping with management and development of junior fee earners and helping to develop client relationships further and to grow the team.
We are a people business so it is important to us that you share our values to build a rapport and maintain relationships with both colleagues and clients. From Day 1 you will be the ‘number 2’ in a team of 7 fee earners. Other aspects of the role include:
- Ensure the retention of good clients through appropriate client management and service delivery.
- Support key events to secure profitable new clients, cross sell opportunities and increase the Firm’s profile.
- Ensure the execution of matters comply with internal policies and procedures to minimise breaches, claims and client dissatisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with SRA standards to safeguard our clients and support the Firm in maintaining its Practice Management standards and accreditations.
- Ensure clients receive accurate, up-to-date legal advice that takes account of their circumstances and represents "value for money”.
- Support key projects by ensuring that the targeted deliverables and benefits are achieved.
- Set clear objectives for direct reports and actively manage to reinforce strong performance.
- Contribute to motivating colleagues to ensure they are engaged in achieving the Firm’s objectives.
- Provide coaching and training for individuals to maximise talent development.
- All new instructions to be appropriately scoped and priced to achieve target gross margin.
- Achieve personal utilisation and realisation targets and ensure timesheets are updated and posted on a daily basis
- All invoices to be raised on completion of the matter and where possible interim billing to be applied. Disbursements and other ‘expenses’ to be invoiced as and when incurred.
- Active management of lock up to industry best practice standards
The ideal candidate will:
- Lead by example and motivate individuals to be bold, ambitious and achieve success. Highly self-aware and able to adapt approach to secure strong outcomes.
- Work closely with colleagues across the Firm to maximise their potential and provides support during periods of change. Demonstrate equality towards all colleagues and endorses diversity.
- Ensure that the client is at the heart of all activities which generates a valued service outcome in a timely and cost effective manner. Actively support the retention of existing clients.
- Continually assesses own performance and take decisive action to maximise results.
- Have strong organisation skills and high level of accuracy.
For the role we offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package; including 30 days annual leave (in addition to bank holidays), pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance, training and development, healthcare scheme, subsidised gym membership, free on-site car parking, on-site cafe, and an active social committee.
Apply for Associate or Senior Associate - Commercial Property
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly