Law Cost Draftsman with Legal Aid and Inter Partes experience (Luton)
Our client, a specialist Cost Drafting company with offices in Luton, are seeking experienced Law Cost Draftsman with extensive experience in drafting bills on Legal Aid and Private client matters.
This will include preparing bills in Child Care, Family, Immigration, Judicial Review, Litigation, and Personal Injury matters.
The ideal candidates will have strong technical knowledge and experience of drafting bills and also excellent negotiation skills. The company is looking for experienced candidates who will ‘hit the ground running’.
Key Essential Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years’ experience of Cost Draftsman or Cost Lawyer Role;
- Experience in drafting Legal Aid bills for varied areas of law;
- Costs Negotiations Experience;
- Strong IT skills and ability to adapt to new technology;
- Able to demonstrate strong administrative and organisational skills
- Self-motivated to work independently and as part of a team with a ‘can do’ attitude;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- A positive approach to working under pressure and in a busy environment;
- Business acumen;
- Drafting Inter- Partes and Legal Aid Bills ( 6 column/3column)
- Drafting POD’s/ Replies
- Conducting Negotiations
- To complete post –assessment work
- To complete Legal Aid Claims (Claim 1’s/Claim 1a’s/ Claim 2’s);
- To liaise and advise fee earners and support staff in relation to the variety of legal costs matters
- Drafting statement of Costs for summary assessment
- Drafting of estimates of costs to accompany Allocation Questionnaires and Pre-Trial Checklists.
- Drafting VHCCP (preferred but, not essential)
On offer is an attractive salary package, a supportive team environment and real prospects for promotion. The Company will consider applicants wishing to work part time, full time or with flexible working hours.
The company is committed to Equal Opportunities and embraces diversity and inclusivity of its staff and strives to ensure that their workforce reflects the diversity of the communities they serve.
If this sounds of interest, please apply now.
Note: By applying to this vacancy you give Gemini Recruitment Services Limited permission to submit your CV to the hiring company