Bids Manager - Business Development - Cardiff
Vacancy for Bids Manager - Business Development
My client is one of the UK's leading full service law firms, with offices Nationwide. They provide our clients with practical and straightforward legal advice whatever their regional, national and international requirements. My client prides themselves both on the depth of our deal experience and our ability to deliver specialist support resources on every aspect of a transaction.
My client acts for large corporates, entrepreneurs and owner-managed businesses and private individuals, and public sector and charitable organisations. They have specific expertise in charities; health and social care; banking and finance; central, devolved and local government; development and construction; education; regulators; retail and leisure and social housing.
My client are looking for a Bids Manager to join our Business Development Team to take control of the entire bids and tenders process.
The role of the Bids Manager is to ensure the effective and efficient management of the bids process for the firm. Working closely with the Head of Business Development and Marketing, and identified fee earners responsible for individual bids and tenders, the Bids Manager will provide strategic and tactical advice to maximise the success of all bids and tenders.
Skills & Experience
- Provide support and advice to teams undertaking tenders, bids and pitches including undertaking client scoping visits/calls, challenging the go/no-go decision making, developing key propositions, advising on pricing, and coaching for presentations.
- Understanding where the prospect is in the 'buying cycle' to shape propositions accordingly
- Maintaining database of key information required for the bids process
- Work on quotes, retainer arrangements and other fixed fee proposals and maintain library of pricing information and analysis of scores based on tender feedback
- Reporting and analysis of results
- Obtaining client feedback
- Work with the rest of the BD team in support of the firm’s business strategy and wider BD aims
- Reporting directly to Head of Business Development and Marketing
- Working closely with other Business Development Managers
- Working with finance team on pricing
- Working directly with partners leading individual bids
- Line management responsibility for the Bids Assistant
The Person Specification
- Experience of managing the entire bids process from opportunity evaluation, client scoping, developing key propositions, drafting bids, coaching presentation teams, obtaining feedback.
- The ability to take charge of the bids function with little or no support.
- Experience of working with senior partners/management within a professional services (preferably legal) environment.
- A demonstrable ability to challenge current thinking and facilitate behavioural change.
- Experience of managing key information for completion of PQQs
- A keen eye for detail and the organisational ability to manage a number of simultaneous bids and tenders
- Hunger for winning new business
- Confident demeanour – able to interact with partners
- Enthusiastic and willing to adapt to a varied role
- Calm under pressure in order to meet deadlines and deal with conflict
- Proactive and able to use own initiative
- Strong attention to detail
For a confidential discussion on this role please contact Daniel Mason at our head offices