5 Pump Court is a leading common law set of Chambers based in the heart of the Temple.
The set comprises specialist practice groups in the areas of family, crime and civil.
There are presently 50 members of Chambers, many of whom are renowned practitioners in their chosen field, supported by three dedicated Practice Managers and a clerking team.
5 Pump Court is a driven, forward thinking set committed to delivering a high-quality service to both its members and clients.
In line with its progressive nature, it now seeks to recruit a Chambers Director to work with the Head of Chambers and the Management Committee in overseeing Chambers’ operations and further developing its business and brand.
This is a newly created position and a unique opportunity for an ambitious individual to both reinforce and reconfigure 5 Pump Court’s business model to ensure it further strengthens its market position.
- reports to the Head of Chambers and the Management Committee
- is responsible for line management of the Practice Managers, clerking team and administrative staff
- Will be supported by a Chambers Administrator
Working alongside the Head of Chambers and Management Committee, the Chambers Director will:
- Develop Chambers’ business, brand and operations
- Develop and oversee Chambers’ marketing function
- Manage existing key clients
- Work to attract new, quality clients to Chambers
- Ensure the good governance of Chambers
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the recruitment and management of clerking and administrative staff
- Ensuring that Chambers meets its regulatory and compliance requirements
- Maintaining strong networks with other sets, the Inns, the Bar Council and the BSB
This is a great opportunity for a person with the following attributes:
- Proven track record in business development
- Experience of working within the legal sector at an executive level
- Strong leadership skills
- Established network of contacts within the industry
Salary – £80,000 to £100,000
Please apply by covering letter and CV addressed to Sajjad Nabi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for Applications – 18th January 2019
All Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.