Locum Housing Litigation Lawyer
Venn Group's specialist legal team are delighted to be recruiting for a Locum Housing Litigation Lawyer to join a Local Authority in the West Midlands. This contract is offered for an initial period of 3 months with the possibility of further extension.
The ideal candidate will be a Solicitor with previous experience specialising in Housing Law, ideally from a Local Authority background.
Duties may include:
- Preparing and issuing claims for possession based on rent arrears and anti-social behaviour
- Drafting notices of seeking possession, notices to quit and notices of extension of tenancies
- Dealing with applications for anti-social behaviour injunctions under Part 1 of the Crime and Policing Act 2014
- Working within the Community Safety and Legal Housing Team
- Being responsible for representing the council at court
- Drafting abatement notices under s80 EPA 1990 and the associated proceedings in the Magistrates Court
- Providing in-house legal advice
Candidates will be considered on both a full-time and part-time basis for the position, and an hourly rate of £35 - £40 dependent on experience is offered.
To apply for this position please contact Hannah Fritz–Lewis or Sonam Mann on 0121 616 0681 or alternatively email your CV to email@example.com.
Venn Group aim to deliver the highest standards, so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.