Financial Regulatory Lawyer
Are you seeking a role with a truly global law firm with a reputation for high performance and a wealth of industry experience? You will be part of a collaborative, respectful and inclusive work environment and interacting with some of the most agile and incisive thinkers in the legal sector.
This Top 20 firm is a leading Global law firm with a rich heritage spanning over 200 years. The firm has dozens of offices in over ten countries with over 1,500 Lawyers. This firm has a god a reputation for being ahead of the curve in the legal landscape.
You'll work alongside dynamic and committed professionals, tackle interesting challenges and have the satisfaction of knowing that you have worked in partnership with clients around the world to achieve their ambitions
Despite the firm being a leading City practice, they are far from what you would expect from the usual "commercial machine" culture of City firms. They have more in the way of work-life balance, promoting things such as agile working.
The practice has a people focused approach where legal talent is nurtured; there is excellent, industry-leading training. The number of home-grown Partners all well attests this.
Partners are more accessible to fee earners, with there being very much an open-door policy. It is common to find NQ's and Paralegals seated next to Partners to give them better training and development.
The firm are seeking to recruit a Financial Regulatory Lawyer into their City of London office.
The firm has a strong financial regulation practice globally. Although London and Sydney are the firm's most prominent offices in terms of their strength and numbers in this area, the firm also has dedicated partners in several other countries. There are also contentious partners in these jurisdictions which the regulatory team works with closely.
The Financial Regulation Team acts for a variety of global banks, investment banks, fund managers, clearing houses, FinTech companies, insurers and other FCA and PRA regulated firms.
Some of the work will include, but not be limited to;
- Working as part of our Global FinTech Practice to establish new regulated FinTech businesses - engaging with the whole regulatory process from perimeter advice and new authorisations, to ongoing compliance. Clients range from Blue Chip, global banks to ICO issuers and cryptocurrencies
- Advising Tier 1 banks on digital transformation projects and new digital / FinTech offerings
- Engaging with some of the largest European and US fund managers on AIFMD, new fund manager authorisations and marketing funds throughout Europe
- Assisting with internal reviews, enforcement action, s160 reports and market abuse issues for major global banks and investment firms
This role comes with excellent prospects for career progression.
- You be a Financial Regulatory candidate with at least 3 years PQE (there is no upper limit in regard to the amount of PQE)
- Experience of applying various EU and UK legislation to financial services clients
- The ability to pragmatically apply law and guidance to the needs of clients and explain possible solutions and the implications
- Salary is very competitive and dependant on your level of experience, plus an industry leading benefits package
This is an excellent opportunity for a Financial Regulatory Lawyer to join the City office of this Top 20, Global law firm.
Apply now for immediate consideration or feel free to give me a call for a confidential conversation.