Senior Associate - Commercial Litigation
Our Commercial Litigation team is growing and we are looking for an ambitious Senior Associate with regulatory experience to join the team.
This role offers the opportunity to drive regulatory as a focus area for the firm and allows for excellent career progression.
- Ensure the retention of good clients through appropriate client management and service delivery.
- Contribute to the development of the team business plan and take ownership for the delivery of assigned activities.
- All new instructions to be appropriately scoped and priced to achieve target gross margin.
- Achieve personal utilisation and realisation targets.
- Set clear objectives for direct reports and actively manage to reinforce strong performance.
- Contribute to motivating colleagues to ensure they are engaged in achieving the Firm’s objectives.
- Effective use of tools and opportunities (e.g. 1:1s) to maximise the strengths and skills of direct reports.
- Provide coaching and training for individuals to maximise talent development.
- All invoices to be raised on completion of the matter and where possible interim billing to be applied. Disbursements and other ‘expenses’ to be invoiced as and when incurred.
- Support key events to secure profitable new clients, cross sell opportunities and increase the Firm’s profile.
- Ensure clients receive accurate, up-to-date legal advice that takes account of their circumstances and represents "value for money”.
- Maintain the integrity of data in key platforms such as Lawsoft, Visualfiles, Worksite and InterAction by ensuring that they are updated in a timely manner.
- The successful candidate will have worked in a regulatory team and gained experience health and social care and health and safety.
- Have excellent networking and business development experience.
- Have extensive technical ability.
- Work closely with colleagues across the Firm to maximise their potential and provide support during periods of change.
- Ensure that the client is at the heart of all activities which generates a valued service outcome in a timely and cost effective manner. Actively supports the retention of existing clients.
- Have strong organisation skills & high levels of accuracy.
- Communicate in a timely and effective manner at all levels, keeping stakeholders fully informed.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including 25 days annual leave (rising to 30 days), pension, training and development, private medical insurance, life assurance, healthcare scheme, subsidised gym membership, on-site restaurant and an active social committee.