Locum Civil Litigation Solicitor
Venn Group is currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Locum Civil Litigation Solicitor to join a Local Authority in Hertfordshire.
This contract is looking to last 3 months initially; however, there is a possibility for extension beyond this. The role is looking to pay a rate of £35-42 per hour inside IR35. Higher rates may be available for people with previous supervisory or management experience.
The ideal candidate will be a Solicitor, Barrister or Legal Executive with previous experience specialising in Litigation in a Local Authority background.
Duties may include:
- Drafting civil proceedings for housing law and ASB cases and presenting in court
- Advising the Council's licensing committee in matters relating to the Licensing Act 2003; conducting all appeals upto Magistrates Court level
- Preparing casework for submission to Court and conducting own advocacy
- Handling possessions and Housing Act injunctions and breach of tenancy injunctions
- Dealing with complicated possession claims involving Equality Act/”Proportionality” defences and ASB
- (Supervising the litigation team and assisting with more complicated cases and issues)
For further information, please contact Lauren Watts or Philippa Turner on 0121 616 0681 or alternatively send your CV to email@example.com.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group aim to deliver the highest standards and have been accredited with IIP and ISO accreditation, so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.