New Year, New Job?
Why not start the New Year with a new opportunity.
LAW Absolute is recruiting to a locum Childcare Lawyer position with a vibrant and highly regarded local authority based in North London.
Our client is forward thinking with their approach and is offering a three month rolling contract with a strong possibility for extension.
About the position
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Provide advice, representation and undertake research relating to childcare matters, including; public law care proceedings, adoption, child protection and fostering.
- Carry a caseload of matters in proceedings and pre-proceedings (approximately 10 matters)
- Undertake advocacy in the relevant courts and tribunals to include, CMC’s, IRH’s, PLO’s and Direction Hearings
- Attend meetings with expert witnesses
- Prepare briefs to Counsel for more complex hearings
- Attend legal planning meetings when required
It is essential that you are hard-working and can perform your duties efficiently with minimal supervision whilst maintaining a high standard service at all times.
Due to the nature of the role, it is imperative that you can work in a fast paced environment and can hit the ground running from the outset. This role is being offered on a full time basis, candidates should only apply if they are able to commit to five days per week.
If this is of interest to you, please do not hesitate to send a copy of your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually.
If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained. LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.