Technical & Quality Adviser
Technical & Quality Adviser – Senior Clinical Negligence Lawyer
Permanent, Full time – 37.5 hours per week.
Salary circa £58k - £70k dependent on experience, plus car allowance and benefits.
Leeds City Centre
12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
Annual bonus scheme up to 15% (for permanent roles)
Private Medical Insurance
Health Care Cash Plan
30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
This role is to be based in our Leeds office and is offered on a Full time basis only (37.5 hours per week Mon - Fri)
MPS seeks to appoint a Technical and Quality Adviser – Qualified lawyer with extensive medico legal, clinical negligence and/or personal injury experience to support and advise our Claims Departments. You will act as decision maker at the gateway points in the claim process, providing timely and clear decisions. You will take a proactive and strategic approach to claims management, understanding the key importance of accurate claims estimates and data. You will also support the organisation’s Quality Assurance programme.
This is a prominent position within the department, working in a varied and busy role that will see you involved in a number of diverse issues and will suit a career minded and legal professional with ambitions to progress within our organisation.
- Provide clear detailed and expert technical advice to the Claims Managers/Negotiators and Litigation Solicitors when matters are escalated for advice in accordance with the process for each pathway.
- Undertake the day to day supervision of all new starters’ case work in the Delivery Pathways, including quality control, authority levels, assessment of competence, and technical probationary sign off and to provide feedback and support to Heads of
- To work with the Heads of to tackle, manage and resolve relevant operational interactions/issues and ensuring that operational effectiveness/efficiency is maintained, and to work with the Head of Quality Assurance and Quantum to ensure that governance and process rules remain relevant and up to date
- Devise and carry out Audits as requested by the Head of Quality Assurance and Quantum, report on findings, and make recommendations for improvements to process and governance to the Head of Quality Assurance and Quantum.
The Ideal Candidate
Due to the complex nature of the work involved, we feel this role may be suited to a lawyer with around 7 years PQE and above.
- Substantial experience of clinical negligence or personal injury litigation
- And/or substantial claims management experience with the competence and the ability to critically review expert opinions and take a proactive and strategic approach to claims management
- Experience of decision making at pre-determined governance checkpoints
- Proven understanding of Quality Assurance process
- Experience of undertaking and reporting audits
- Proven ability to collect and analyse data
- Proven ability to deliver training
About The Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.