Family Legal Secretary
Job Title: Family Legal Secretary
Job reference: AFP/3436410
Job description: Venn Group are currently recruiting a Legal Secretary to join a friendly Family law team in Manchester.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a full service, dynamic firm of Solicitors on a full time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be dealing with:
- Word processing/ audio typing
- Answering the telephone
- Preparing Court bundles
- Instructing Counsel as directed
- Filing and archiving
- Use and comply with the online CCMS system
- Use the firm's case management system, ensuring that diary dates are observed
- Liaising with clients when required and managing their requests
- Sending and receiving e-mails when required
- Liaising with other professionals
- Any other duties consistent with the general scope of the job
- Legal secretarial experience within family practice is essential
- Basic knowledge and understanding of legal aid scope and application process is essential for this role
- Competent in the use of word processing equipment and possess a willingness to develop ICT skills and utilise new technology
- Display a courteous, helpful, telephone manner, being competent to receive some telephone instructions from clients and to give case updates, when authorised
Applications will be considered from candidates with previous experience providing secretarial support within Family law and Legal Aid.
Salary: £18,000 - £28,000 DOE
To discuss this role in more detail please contact Abigail Prudhoe on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0113 234 6400
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.