New opportunity available in the West Midlands!
LAW Absolute is recruiting to a locum Childcare Lawyer position with a vibrant and welcoming local authority based around the Derbyshire area.
Our client is forward thinking with their approach and have a supportive and innovative team. The client is flexible with working from home and the number of working days the candidate would work.
This role is being offered on a six month locum assignment basis with a strong possibility for extension.
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Provide advice, representation and undertake research relating to childcare matters, including; public law care proceedings, adoption, child protection and fostering,
- Carry a caseload of matters in proceedings and pre-proceedings,
- Undertake advocacy in the relevant courts and tribunals to include, CMC’s, IRH’s, PLO’s and Direction Hearings,
- Attend meetings with expert witnesses,
- Prepare briefs to Counsel for more complex hearings,
- Attend legal planning meetings,
- To provide legal advice and to represent the Children’s Services department relating mainly to childcare and adoption law.
We require candidates to be available within 2 weeks’ notice maximum. Experience within the public sector would be an advantage but not essential.
If this is the role for you, please apply today firstname.lastname@example.org – 0207 092 8046
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually.
If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained. LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.