Associate or Senior Associate - Employment
Wright Hassall LLP is a full service law firm with a well-respected 170-year history. We are entering a further period of growth and require an ambitious lawyer with 4 + years PQE, to join our expanding Employment Team. It is essential that the successful candidate is experienced in TUPE employment law,has regularly advised on TUPE and has acted for a broad range of businesses.
Our Employment Team work with employers across a variety of industry sectors, including businesses within both the public and private sector, registered providers and charities. The role, whilst focusing on TUPE, will involve advising on a broad range of employment law matters.
- Provide strategic advice on the effect of TUPE on relevant business transfers and service provision changes, including those in relation to information and consultation requirements and the effect of TUPE on employment contracts and related liabilities;
- Identify and help remove risks through due diligence reporting;
- Consider and manage the arrangements for staff at the end of their contracts, including redundancy;
- Manage employee relations throughout the TUPE process;
- Negotiate and draft appropriate warranties and indemnities in transactional documents;
- Manage the risk of altering terms and conditions following the TUPE transfer;
- Advise on pre and post completion dismissals;
- Assist with the supervision of junior members of the team;
- Assist the team with day to day HR and employment law queries from current and potential new clients;
- Attend meetings with current and potential clients;
- Assist the team with employment law training and seminars.
- Excellent technical expertise.
- Experience of regularly advising on and dealing with TUPE and other employment law.
- Management of a busy caseload of employment law work.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Enjoys working as part of a team as well as independently.
- Able to assist in driving the team forward through supporting its business development and marketing strategies.
- Willingness to travel to Client offices to attend meetings.
- Friendly and approachable personality.
You will be given guidance and support to develop your career within our Employment team. For this role we offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package; including 25 days annual leave (in addition to bank holidays) increasing to 30 with length of service, pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance, training and development, healthcare scheme, subsidised gym membership, free on-site car parking, on-site café and an active social committee.