Clinical Negligence Administrator
To assist the day to day running of the office and assist fee earners across the office with all administrative tasks as and when they arise to ensure an efficient and professional working practice.
- Ensuring the telephone is answered and callers are responded to appropriately, dealing with queries, taking messages and communicating and recording the messages efficiently.
- Printing all dictation typed by the Float Department and assembling all documentation, dealing with any relevant enclosures, instruction notes etc.
- Undertaking filing and photocopying to a high standard out on a daily basis and section 4 is updated
- Data entry and up-keep of the in-house Case Management system, databases and normal office IT systems.
- Making appointments and arranging meetings, hearings and conferences and ensuring meeting rooms are booked if appropriate.
- Preparing files for costing and liaising with external suppliers and firms internal accounts / costs department as necessary to ensure invoices and fees are paid and that files are promptly billed under supervision. Prepare invoices for photocopying charges.
- Fax letters to the relevant person when required
- Make physical files for the fee earners / split files when required
- Request files from archive for the fee earners
- Prepare court bundles to be sent to court
- Collating all post and ensuring the post room get all documents by the cut off time
- Closing files ensuring all original documents sent back to the client.
Experience / Knowledge / Qualifications
- Proven experience of administrative work
- Ability to work on your own initiative within a team environment.
- A well organised approach to work.
- An ability to work with a case management system, databases and normal office IT systems.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A commitment to equal opportunities.
Experience of working within a Clinical Negligence Department or within a legal profession would be advantageous but not essential.