Private Client Partner
- We are looking for a Partner Designate solicitor to work in our Morecambe office. The candidate is to support the Senior Management Team (SMT) in achieving its business objective by management and monitoring of fee-earners and support staff who work within the department, as well as managing his / her own work load.
- To provide effective and sound advice to the clients and other fee-earners, in the department, and to carry out his / her work for the firm and clients to the highest possible standards having regard to the SRA’s rules on professional conduct and effectiveness, and any other rules, regulations or statutory requirements applicable to the profession from time to time and not to jeopardise his / her Practising Certificate. To ensure these standards are achieved and maintained throughout the department.
- To assist the SMT in developing new initiatives for promoting the business and ensure efficient and effective working practices are implemented in the department, and where required to assist other Departments similarly.
- To manage all client work allocated to them and in accordance with detailed procedures and quality standards contained in the Firm’s Office Procedures Manual.
- To supervise, support and develop departmental support staff.
- To ensure that all client work is progressed expeditiously and that the client is kept regularly informed on progress and on costs.
- At all times to exercise high standards of client care in a professional and pleasant manner.
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of all of The Firm’s and client documentation and information.
- To achieve agreed levels of billing and time recording, individually and departmentally.
- In close liaison with the Accounts Department, to have overall responsibility for credit control on own matters.
- To comply with the SRA Accounts Rules and the SRA Code of Conduct.
- To maintain clear and precise communications with other personnel of The Firm.
- To ensure good working relationships with staff in other departments and external institutions and organisations.
- To take responsibility for and attend to self-development.
- In conjunction with The Firm, to comply with the relevant training requirements of the SRA and to assist with in-house training as may be required.
- In liaison with the SMT, to be active in promoting the services of The Firm and its image and ethos; marketing the Firm and to cross sell The Firm’s full range of legal services.
- Not to commit any act that may bring The Firm, or The Firm’s name, into disrepute.
Experience / Knowledge / Qualifications
- Solicitor or CILEX Chartered Legal Executive Qualification
- 5 years experience practicing as Private Client Solicitor
- A friendly and co-operative approach to clients and colleagues/department members
- Experience of business development and social media
- Excellent IT skills
- Good practical skills, including proven negotiation skills
- Good personal organisation and ability to adhere to strict time limits.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to prioritise work when necessary
- The ability to provide the highest standards of client care
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
- Experience in supervising professional and support staff
- Efficient time management