Legal Secretary-Private Client
I am currently looking for an experienced Legal Secretary for a well established regional legal firm for their office in York.
The role is full time and the salary is negotiable depending on experience.
The Legal Secretary is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative with a proven ability to provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to the Legal Advisers and team to ensure achievement of business objectives and assist in the provision of an efficient, personal and professional service at all times.
- Preparing correspondence and documents through audio, copy typing and laser forms, ensuring that such correspondence and documents are checked for errors before passing to Legal Adviser.
- To administer filing in correct dated order and on a timely basis. This will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the Office Procedures Manual and Departmental Guidelines.
- To prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch, ensuring that all mail to be posted is given to the Legal Adviser with all relevant enclosures.
- To arrange for all copying to be done, in person if Administration staff are not available to undertake the task.
- To make appointments, arrange meetings, book meeting rooms and to maintain an up-to-date diary for the Legal Adviser.
Candidate must have experience as a Legal Secretary and should ideally have experience in Private Client work including Wills and Probate, however this is not essential.
Excellent communications skills, professionalism and hard work are also key attributes in the ideal candidate.
How to apply
If this is a role that sounds of interest to you, please send your CV across to Daniel at Clayton Legal on the link provided or alternatively call Clayton Legal to enquire about other opportunities.
Clayton Legal recruits for law firms and In-House departments across the UK. Our pedigree and service levels give those looking to move in the legal market and law firms looking to recruit a refreshingly different recruitment experience. You will work with experienced professionals, dedicated to your success. Look at our web site www.clayton-legal.co.uk for our latest blogs and legal news and to keep up to date with current vacancies