LEGAL MANAGER – Part time
Brightwake Ltd. is an innovative medical device company specialising in the design and development of “Advanced Wound Therapy” and “Negative Pressure Wound Therapy” dressings and electro-mechanical medical devices. Due to steady growth Brightwake now have a requirement for a Legal Manager.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director the role will provide an effective, timely, pro-active and professional legal service to the Company in relation to both its UK and international business activities in order to manage the Company’s exposure to risk in a pragmatic and commercially focussed manner.
Key responsibilities include;
- Providing advice to the Board and senior Managers on a variety of business-related issues and, where this is outside of the expertise of the job holder, effectively managing external lawyers and other professionals in order to obtain and implement the required advice in a cost-effective manner.
- Reviewing and drafting (from scratch, where necessary) a variety of contractual and other legal documents including NDAs, Distribution Agreements, Inward Supply Agreements, Development Agreements, Manufacturing and Supply Agreements, IP Licences, Terms and Conditions, Collaboration Agreements, Service Agreements, Letter of Authority etc.
- Applying effective risk management techniques and offering proactive advice on possible legal issues to colleagues at a variety of levels of seniority within the business.
- Manage disputes with suppliers in relation to contractual issues.
- Co-ordinating the negotiation of both the commercial and legal aspects of the external relationships which the Company enters into with third parties and ensuring that all such negotiations comply with all Company Policies, Procedures and Rules. Managing template documents, an agreements database and the regular review of signed agreements to ensure that the Company’s contracts are updated as necessary to reflect the company’s commercial aspirations.
- Continuously looking for ways to improve the processes for the instruction and generation of contracts.
The successful candidate will be a practicing, non-practicing or former solicitor (qualified in the UK) who has extensive experience of drafting and reviewing a variety of international commercial contracts who has worked within a heavily regulated environment and in an unsupervised role in a ‘lone lawyer’ situation. Both an understanding of the regulatory framework applying to the development, manufacture and sales of Medical Devices and an understanding of the principles of Intellectual Property protection are desirable,
To apply for this role please send a covering letter or CV clearly stating your current salary to:
Apply for Legal Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly