Regulatory Lawyer/Retrain into an internationally recognised Regulatory Team
Walker Morris is an independent law firm based in Leeds; the only independent firm in the North that can boast City quality work.
National and international clients are drawn to this centre of excellence in Leeds because it brings together the highest calibre specialists. Both Walker Morris and their lawyers are nationally recognised as leaders in their fields with 96% of partners acknowledged in ether Chambers or Legal 500 for their expertise. This puts Walker Morris 3rd in the UK top 100 law firms in terms of the percentage of partners that are ranked.
If you choose a career at Walker Morris, you know that you’ll be at the centre of an organisation with a distinctive, dynamic outward-looking and ambitious ethos. If you want a platform outside London from which to grow your career and develop a client base, then Walker Morris offers outstanding scope and opportunity. At Walker Morris you are working with the people who make the key decisions in relation to the Firm and your career.
Walker Morris offers:
- The highest calibre, nationally recognised lawyers, who have strong commercial awareness and who understand our clients' businesses.
- The advantages of a single location national practice able to provide cohesive teams focused on providing cost effective advice to meet our clients' strategic needs.
- Truly accessible partners offering partner led advice based on their knowledge and understanding of working with individual clients.
Opportunities in Regulatory
- 2018 Winner of the Regulatory & Compliance Team of the Year at the Yorkshire Legal Awards
- 2018 ACQ Global Awards - ‘Best Regulatory and Compliance Law Firm of the Year’
- 2018 Corporate USA Today Awards - ‘Best Regulatory & Compliance Team’
- 2017 Acritas Stars - Jeanette Burgess
The Walker Morris Regulatory and Compliance Group has a wealth of experience of advising and representing clients in relation to all aspects of contentious and non-contentious regulatory matters. Specialist lawyers advise upon retail and wholesale financial services, data protection and freedom of information, health and safety, environmental law, anti-money laundering and fraud.
This expert team has extensive experience advising clients in connection with regulatory investigations and defending civil and criminal proceedings brought by various authorities including the police, Serious Fraud Office, HM Revenue and Customs, the Health and Safety Executive, Environment Agency, Food Standards Agency, Trading Standards, the Financial Conduct Authority plus a plethora of household name corporates.
Walker Morris now seek talented people to join this award-winning team. Whether you already possess regulatory experience or are a lawyer currently specialising outside of the regulatory field and would like to discuss making a move into regulatory, we would like to hear from you.
Walker Morris offer agile working, dress for your day, a truly collegiate environment with seriously, no glass ceiling. The firm is also moving into new grade A offices in July 2019.
To learn more about Regulatory at Walker Morris please send your CV to the retained consultants, Adele Callaghan and Scott Vandepeear or call on 0113 200 3717 to discuss the opportunities.
This role is being handled exclusively by Hays Legal and any agency applications will be forwarded to them for consideration.