Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises and SilverSea create extraordinary holidays. From ten storey slides to bumper cars and ice rinks onboard our ships, we offer adventures and experiences not only for our customers, but also for our employees.
And this is no ordinary job! From marketing campaigns to intellectual property to artificial intelligence, this role is full of opportunities.
Interested in being part of a company of 70,000 employees globally (and growing!) with the opportunity to work with our most senior lawyers around the world?
Are you a recently qualified solicitor or barrister? Do you love working in an exciting environment where no day is the same? Keen to be part of a friendly team, passionate about what they do? Then read on…
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious lawyer to build a successful career in the travel industry with one of the world’s leading cruise lines .
You will manage and direct a variety of legal work, including negotiating, reviewing and drafting commercial agreements, marketing projects, advertising campaigns and providing consumer law advice across our four brands.
You will also have the opportunity to provide general legal advice with involvement in corporate matters, consulting external legal counsel, updating our business on new legislation and dealing with data privacy issues in conjunction with our Legal Director and Data Privacy Officer.
The ideal candidate will build strong relationships across all levels and international markets within RCL Cruises Ltd.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drafting commercial agreements, including joint ventures, supplier contracts and a variety of travel industry agreements.
- Advising the business on consumer and travel law matters.
- Legal risk management across the business, and compliance with regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Working closely with key departments, including Marketing, Finance, Marine, Guest Relations and HR – both internationally and at HQ level in Miami.
- The candidate will also be required to perform additional tasks assigned by the Legal Director or senior management.
- Qualified UK or EU Solicitor/Barrister with minimum 2 Year’s PQE;
- In-house, public body or law firm legal experience required;
- Commercial law experience with related legal skills is essential;
- Experience of regulatory or corporate law desirable;
- Postgraduate qualification in business-related discipline preferable.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Organization and time management skills;
- Ready to travel internationally if required;
- Legal experience in the travel industry is helpful;
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders across the business;
- Confident in advising all levels of our organization and trade partners;
- Ability to provide concise and accurate feedback or advice;
- Ability to tackle many challenges simultaneously; and
- Ambition to build a stellar legal career in the travel industry!