Team Leader - Investigations
Are you an excellent people manager who has experience in managing a team of Case Workers or Investigators?
Our Investigation team are looking for a number of Team Leaders to join us.
What's in it for me
- Lead and manage a team of Investigation Officers providing quality advice and case direction.
- Showcase your people management skills by supporting and developing your team to become excellent, customer focused Investigators, working to the highest standards.
- Be part of the Investigation and Supervision leadership team and implement changes and improvements.
- Work collaboratively with other areas of our organisation to take action to protect the public.
Team Leaders have an integral role in leading and managing our teams of Investigation Officers who are at the forefront of investigating reports about misconduct and regulatory breaches.
As one of around fifteen Team Leaders you will manage a team of approximately seven Officers providing support and development to team members who individually own a portfolio of 30 - 40 investigations at any one time.
This is a true leadership position where you will role model behaviours to motivate and develop individuals into high performers, delivering quality results against set objectives and KPIs.
Working with the senior management you will successfully deliver organisational change programmes and identify and deliver improvements within the Unit.
Working closely with your team you will develop an understanding of their individual needs, offering support and guidance where appropriate. You will have a strategic yet pragmatic input into your team's work, demonstrating excellent performance management skills to get the best from your Investigators.
You will have accountability and oversight of the progression and quality of investigations handled by your team and you will make sure that cases are managed on time and that quality standards are consistently high.
Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to challenge and influence key stakeholders at every level are key to being successful in this role.
What we're looking for
- Outstanding leadership skills, managing team members and stakeholders effectively to influence and challenge others.
- A proactive decision maker, capable of identifying risks related to cases and individuals.
- An excellent manager, providing advice and training on relevant topics, supporting individual and team development.
- A flexible and tenacious individual, able to adjust your priorities at short notice.
We welcome applicants who may be looking to achieve a balance between your personal and professional life. We are happy to discuss scope for flexible working arrangements prior to interview.
- If you would like to discuss the role, our culture or scope to work flexibly, we can arrange for this to happen - contact us to arrange a chat, in confidence at
- We are currently advertising this opportunity on a full or part time basis. Please apply according to your preference.
- Part time hours would allow for a minimum of 21 hours per week working across 4 days.
All applicants are required to include a full CV and cover letter evidencing how their knowledge skills and experience meet the essential criteria listed.
Interviews for this role will take place on 14 and 15 March 2019. A second stage will take place on 21 March 2019.
Previous applicants to this role in the last six months need not apply.