Private Client Lawyer (Associate)
Private Client Associate
REF: KB13693 London £55,000 - £65,000+ DOE
Law Consultants are recruiting a Private Client Associate to join one of the largest private client practices in London.
You will be joining a friendly and inclusive team that deals with a full range of private client matters to include tax (International and domestic), trusts (international and domestic), estate planning, wills, succession, landed estates, probate and immigration. Their clients' needs require a multi-disciplinary approach, involving different practice areas within the firm, and liaising with external advisers. Many of the clients are internationally mobile or have foreign interests and will require advice on:
- The remittance basis of taxation
- Residence and domicile
- Planning around residence and domicile statues or changes to their status
- Taxation of offshore structures
- Tax advice on different investment classes
- Structuring residential property ownership
- Cross border estate planning
You will be focusing primarily on advisory matters and occasional transactional matters. You will be promoting the private client team both internally and externally and assisting with client events.
The successful candidate will ideally have a minimum of 5 years post qualified experience, however, all levels of experience will be considered if the relevant criteria is met. You will have extensive experience in the international aspects of UK tax and a capable tax and private client lawyer. Your experience will include:
- Domicile and deemed domicile
- Taxation of UK residential property, to include inheritance tax, income tax, capital gains tax stamp duty land tax etc. You will also be proficient in structuring the ownership of such property.
- UK taxation of different investment types
- Statutory residence test
- Excluded property status
- Taxation of corporate gains
- CGT and income tax settlement costs
- Transfer of assets code
If you are interested in discussing this position in more detail then please contact Katy at Law Consultants for a confidential discussion.