Employment Law Paralegal
- Contract type
The Employment Department represents and provides services to employers, individuals, Trade Unions and their members in the provision of all aspects of employment law services. We are looking to recruit a Paralegal on a permanent full time basis (we will consider a job share) and duties will involve :
- Liaising with potential new clients, taking details of claims and entering those details onto the Firm’s enquiry management database system.
- Interviewing clients by telephone and preparing witness statements.
- Dealing with routine aspects of Employment Tribunal claims on behalf of clients and ensuring matters are progressed in a timely manner and in accordance with the Tribunal directions timetable
- Assisting a solicitor on more complex aspects of cases, with supervision. For example, reviewing documentation with a view to drafting Claim or Response forms; dealing with disclosure of documents; drafting Schedules of Loss; Briefs and Instructions to Counsel.
- Reporting to Fee Earners in the Department and assisting with research.
- Dealing with administrative matters in relation to all employment matters/claims to include: handling telephone enquiries; filing; compiling bundles; liaising with Counsel, opponents and the Employment Tribunal/Court.
- Generally supporting the development of the Employment Department and undertaking any tasks reasonably required of the role.
Experience / Knowledge / Qualifications
- Excellent client care skills
- Good team player who works well both independently and with colleagues to achieve results
- Ability to deal with calls and casework effectively and efficiently
- Ability to carry out legal research and to report findings clearly and concisely
- Ability to manage and prioritise work effectively
- Ability to obtain relevant information from all callers and answer their queries directly or refer as appropriate
- Ability to work with a case management system, databases and normal office IT systems.
- A commitment to Equal Opportunities
- Excellent telephone manner
- Enthusiastic personality
- Ability to deal with calls effectively and efficiently
- Excellent customer service skills
- Very well developed written skills
- Ability to obtain relevant information from all callers and answer their queries directly or refer as appropriate.