Commercial Property Solicitor
This firm is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards and achieved record rankings in Chambers UK 2017, we are immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people.
They are looking for a commercial property solicitor to join the Manchester office
Our national Real Estate team provides a complete range of legal and advisory services on all aspects of commercial property for both the public and private sector. We advise on and draft heads of terms, development agreements and associated construction, planning and site disposal matters, funding arrangements, freehold transfer and associated due diligence procedures, grant assignment and lease renewals. Our clients range from major retailers, leisure operators, regional developers, local authorities, universities and healthcare providers. We have been involved in a range of projects from £100 million city centre regeneration schemes to smaller bespoke ventures. Our service includes the management of large property portfolios for occupiers and investors, advising on LTA 1954 renewals, easements, covenants, service charges and land registration.
· Manage own caseload of Real Estate cases including landlord and tenant, estate management work and acquisition and disposal
· Provide support to other members of the team
· Draft and prepare various real estate documents
· Liaise with internal and external parties, such as colleagues, clients, Land Registry, search agencies etc
· Supervise and develop more junior members of staff as may be required
· Ensure that work produced is to the highest standard
· Manage own time effectively
· Complete MI procedures as and when required
· Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
· Ensure relevant deadlines, quality measures and KIPS are adhered to
· Comply with relevant policies and procedures
· Work in accordance with Weightmans' values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
The person specification
· Qualified solicitor
· Currently working as a Real Estate lawyer
· Approachable demeanour in terms of both colleagues and clients
· Excellent IT and typing skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent time management and organisation skills
· Ability to multi-task and prioritise
· Ability to follow instructions
· Ability to work to strict deadlines and targets
· Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
· Flexible approach
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.