In House Risk & Compliance Solicitor
Are you a Solicitor looking to take your next step with one of the largest law firms in the world? Our client is looking for a new In-House Risk & Compliance Solicitor to join their Leeds based team. Recognised as one of the leading innovators in the legal sector, this firm is well regarded for being creative and forward thinking. This is a rare and exciting opportunity for an ambitious Solicitor and should not be missed.
As an In-House Risk & Compliance Solicitor your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Advising the business on various risk and compliance issues, including Solicitors Regulatory Authority and Financial Conduct Authority regulatory compliance, data protection, business continuity, quality management systems, complaints and financial crime
- Responding to day to day enquiries received by the firm's Data Protection Office and Data Security Team including advising on data subject requests, data privacy impact assessments, data breaches and cyber-crime
- Responding to day to day enquiries from the firm, clients and other third parties on regulatory compliance (in particular, client confidentiality, data protection and information security)
- Working with others within the Risk team to facilitate the development of new policies and guidance notes where necessary
- Assisting colleagues on projects to manage risk across the firm's network of offices in the UK and internationally e.g. GDPR
- Researching and advising on legal and regulatory changes affecting the firm's network of offices in the UK and internationally
The successful candidate will be a Solicitor, ideally with experience of working in a risk and compliance environment or from a litigious, commercial, corporate or finance background. Our client is open minded in terms of level of PQE. You should have excellent communication skills as well as strong commercial and financial awareness. A passion for risk and compliance matters is essential for this role as you will need to be excited by the challenges and fast pace nature of a corporate environment.
If you would like to find out more, please contact Rachel Birkinshaw at Sacco Mann or another member of our Private Practice team. Alternatively, if you know of anyone who would be suitable for this role then please let them or us know as we offer a reward for successful referrals. For full terms please see our website.