Legal Secretary (Corporate/Commercial)
One of Yorkshire’s leading law firms, based in Leeds, require an experienced Legal Secretary to join the Company Commercial team.
You will provide efficient and effective secretarial and administrative support across the Company Commercial business unit, which includes Corporate, Commercial, Private Client and Employment departments.
Key duties will include: audio typing (using Big Hand digital dictation), creating, house styling and amending documents and correspondence using various Microsoft Office packages e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
You will be assisting lawyers with day-to-day administrative matters as required, including: opening new files, closing files and archiving, file management, and providing effective diary management e.g. making appointments, arranging meetings and maintaining fee earners’ diaries.
Other duties will include involvement in the monthly billing process and other accounting tasks, preparing marketing and business development information in preparation for a number of activities that may include, seminars, presentations, mail shots, tenders and related submissions.
You will need:
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a Legal Secretary.
- Experience of working in a commercial department – Corporate, Commercial, Employment or Private Client.
- Good IT skills, in particular excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and be proficient with its advanced features such as styles, automatic and outline numbering, tracked changes etc.
- Good knowledge of Excel is also desirable.
- A high degree of accuracy in spelling and grammar and take personal pride in producing work of a high quality.
- A fast and accurate touch typing speed of at least 60wpm.
- A strong commitment to client care and to providing a friendly and helpful service to colleagues and the ability to build a strong rapport with clients and other business contacts as you will be expected to deal with basic client enquiries in the absence and on behalf of lawyers.
- A professional approach to work and enjoy a busy workload.
- To be proactive, with good organisational skills and enjoy working as part of a team.
Competitive salary package including contributory pension, life assurance, healthcare plan, enhanced maternity and paternity benefits, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays increasing with service.