Locum Research Contracts Manager
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Research Contracts Manager to join a prestigious academic institution based in East Anglia.
The role is offered on a full-time basis with 1 day home-working however, the client will consider part-time applicants who can work a minimum of 3 days per week. It is essential for this role that you have experience of drafting and negotiating Research Contracts matters and that this experience has been gained within a Higher Education setting.
Duties of the role will include:
- Carrying out a project management role to guide academics and funders through the University processes, to enable research projects to get up and running
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating research related contracts (such as agreements covering research funding, studentships, confidentiality, material transfer and software) for all departments in the relevant School
- Protecting the University's access to the results of research for further use or commercialisation, reducing legal liability, assessing risk, providing advice and guidance on costing and pricing, seeking optimal payment terms and academic publication rights
- Liaising with academics, Departmental Administrators and others to communicate and discuss key terms and risk
- Assisting the Senior Contracts Managers to develop the systems, procedures and relationships for the negotiation of externally funded research agreements on behalf of the University
The position would be suited to an experienced Research Contracts Manager with previous experience working within a legal environment. We will consider applications from qualified Solicitors/ Barristers/Legal Executives and non-qualified lawyers with relevant experience.
The position offers an hourly rate of between £35-45 per hour dependent upon experience. If you are interested in the position but would require a higher hourly rate, please do still get in touch and we can discuss this with our client.
To apply for this position, please contact Lauren Watts or Philippa Turner at Venn Group on 0121 616 0681 or email@example.com.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group aim to achieve the highest standards so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.