Debt Capital Markets Lawyer
We are currently partnered with a global US law firm hiring a Debt Capital Markets Lawyer with 2-6 years PQE. The team are looking to make a long-term investment into a strong lawyer to develop their career and reach promotion in the near future.
This long-established, well known US law firm has continued to rise through the top rankings in recent years.
The firm are extremely supportive of career development and tailor their mentoring style to individuals, allowing their staff the flexibility to choose what area of law they would like to focus on or specialise in.
The firm are incredibly proud of their strong client base and their ability to truly provide the highest level of service.
You will be an ambitious lawyer with demonstrable experience in a private practice Debt Capital Markets role at a large law firm.
The firm have a proven track record in developing Associates in this sector, and the vacancy represents an outstanding opportunity for a team-player with strong technical skills and a commercial approach to progress.
This leading Capital Markets team advise issuers, investment banks and institutional investors on a wide range of financings including:
- convertible and exchangeable bonds
- ECP programmes
- EMTN programmes
- Islamic financing (including Sukuk)
- liability management and bond restructurings
- regulatory capital and corporate hybrids
- straight debt
- strategic equity solutions
- structured debt and high yield bonds.
- Qualified lawyer with 2 - 6 years post-qualification experience at a major law firm in private practice.
- Extensive Debt Capital Markets experience required.
- Essential that your previous role has been in private practice and must be qualified in England & Wales as a Solicitor.
- Experience of drafting, reviewing and negotiating documents and agreements in a private practice environment.
- An adaptable person who is a fast learner, with experience dealing with multiple jurisdictions.
- Must be comfortable client facing with the ability to understand and respond effectively to client needs.
- Strong academics and commercially minded.