Senior Procurement Lawyer
Are you a procurement lawyer looking for an in-house role in the Public sector? This opportunity could be the perfect fit for a lawyer looking for a role where they can really make a difference to people's lives and the wider local community.
This London borough is home to over 200,000 people and the legal terms serve the vital role of offering a customer focused and responsive approach to service the many needs & requirements of the community.
The team work in conjunction with five other boroughs to deliver aligned initiatives that benefit a far greater number of people across London.
The legal team of this busy borough council are looking for a Senior Procurement Lawyer to provide advice in all aspects of work carried out by the council in respect of their Public Sector work.
This will include but not be limited to matters such as; Construction (JCT/NEC Contracts), Drafting Contracts, Company Commercial, FOI/EIR Requests, Contract Standing Orders and Work with Committees/Cabinet.
You will have a strong working knowledge of Local Government Law and how the council work, as well have prior experience of training clients.
You will also find yourself working with commissioning networks, procurement boards and meeting with clients to discuss commissioning and procurement. As a result you will need excellent client skills and ben enthusiastic about delivering an excellent service.
You will have previous experience of managing a team and will find yourself looking after a team of four other Procurement Lawyers and working alongside the Head of Legal Services.
This role would suit either an experienced Public sector procurement lawyer or a Procurement specialist from a private practice background.
- You will have 5+ years PQE as a Procurement Lawyer either in the Public Sector or on behalf of the Public Sector in Private Practice
- Experience of complex Procurement, JCT, NEC contracts, contract drafting, company commercial, FOI/EIR matters, Contracting Standing Orders
- Demonstrable experience of managing Junior team members
- Excellent client communication skills and the drive to deliver excellence and continuously improve
- Used to working as part of a collaborative and hard-working team
- On offer is a competitive salary & benefits package
This role would suit a Procurement Lawyer from either a Private Practice or Public Sector background looking for a new challenge where you can make a real difference in a community
Apply now for immediate consideration or feel free to give me a call for a confidential conversation.