Locum Prosecutions Solicitor
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Locum Prosecution Solicitor to join a Local Authority in the West Midlands. The position will last for an initial period of 3 months, with a strong possibility of further extension depending upon work load.
The successful applicant will be responsible for a varied caseload of both criminal and regulatory prosecutions. Experience of dealing with Civil Litigation matters including housing litigation would be preferable.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Providing advice to various client departments on a wide range of civil litigation and regulatory matters including the Housing Benefit Department, Trading Standards Department, Environmental Health Department, Planning Department and the Health and Safety Department
- Preparing court bundles and drafting summons & indictments
- Requesting appropriate ancillary orders, prohibition orders, compensation and forfeitures
- Conducting advocacy from the initial hearings to sentencing at the Magistrates Court
- Ensuring up to date with current legislation and case law
A competitive hourly rate of £35-45 per hour is offered to the successful candidate dependent on experience.
To apply for this role please send your CV to Lauren Watts or Tom Hoult at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0121 616 0681. We look forward to your application.
Venn Group aim to deliver the highest standards, so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
Venn Group acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.