Family Solicitor - Care
Experienced Family Solicitor opportunity for a Solicitor/Legal Executive with an interest in care work.
The firm in question has a vacancy in its dedicated Public Law Family Department for a talented lawyer with well-rounded advocacy experience involving care hearings. Membership of the Law Society Children's Panel would be an advantage but is not absolutely necessary.
You would be joining an expert team full of driven individuals who work hard, but also take advantage of the availability of the work/ life balance on offer.
Reporting to the Head of the Child Care Department you will help manage more junior members of the team. In addition to responsibility for day to day supervision and management of your own caseload, you will be given the opportunity to progress your own career in a friendly and supportive environment.
To be considered for this Family Solicitor (Child Care) role you will have the following experience, knowledge, skills, and attributes;
- Qualified Family Solicitor or Legal Executive with significant family law (child care) experience
- Ability to help manage a team of fee earners and support staff
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Experienced and proficient in the use of case management systems
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under own initiative
- Manage a case load of public law children's matters advising on a range of proceedings in the public law sector.
- Drafting applications in respect of the above when an application is made by the client to the Court.
- Advising on pre-proceedings and care proceedings and attending case conferences, pre-proceeding meetings and professional meetings.
- Management of cases to conclusion and keeping the client's informed of developments of the case through oral and written updates.
- Preparation cases for Court hearings, identifying the issues and case planning for the hearing. Preparing submissions where necessary.
- Advocacy in the public law sector in the family proceedings court and County Court to Circuit Judge level (if and where appropriate).
Joining this thriving firm, you'll be encouraged to develop your career further whilst utilising your expertise within a professional and productive working environment.
Salary: £35,000 to £50,000 for the right candidate
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply through the advert or contact Nick Tappin at Thornton Legal directly. All applications treated in strictest confidence.