Non-Contentious Financial Services Regulatory Lawyer
Non-Contentious Financial Services Regulatory Lawyer required to join a leading practice at the cutting edge of the ever-changing Regulatory landscape. You will have at least 4 years PQE with experience working for a regulator or other reputable law firm.
International firm that has a long-standing reputation as being a market leader and being ahead of the curve regarding technology; they have systems which ensure they offer a first-class service to their client base. They now stand at over 1,500 lawyers operating from 23 locations throughout the UK, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. The firm is well-placed to advise on complex multi-jurisdictional transactions across a full range of legal disciplines.
The firm has significant international credentials in global energy, infrastructure, financial services, advanced manufacturing, and technology.
You will be joining a Top 20 firm that's achieved more tier 1 rankings in the Legal 500 than any other firm; the Financial Regulation practice recognised as one of the most innovative law firms in Europe by a leading publication.
This expert team of lawyers provide regulatory advice to financial institutions and other businesses including banks, investment managers, building societies, life and non-life insurance companies, trading platforms, stockbrokers, corporate financiers, intermediaries (including networks), payment services firms, small investment banks, custodians, and pension houses.
Financial Services is a strong focus for the firm and is currently one of their top 5 sectors across the globe.
The successful hire must be able to advise on regulated activities internationally and in the UK, how they can become authorised and communicate financial promotions as well as supporting contentious regulatory colleagues providing advice related to their investigations.
You will be responsible for advising on:
- Regulatory change, for example MiFID II, PSD 2, and the implications of Brexit
- The interpretation of the FCA and PRA's rules (including Conduct of Business, Supervision and Systems, Capital requirements and Controls rules)
- The acquisition or disposal of FCA/PRA regulated firms and the scope of the controllers regime
- Advise the scope of the market abuse and insider dealing regime.
- You will be non-contentious Financial Services Regulatory Lawyer with at least 4 years PQE to work in their City of London office
- You will have good experience of working for a highly regarded department.
- Solid drafting skills
- A strong technical knowledge is essential.
- First-class communication skills and ability to work alongside colleagues
- Excellent client facing skillset
This is an opportunity to join an International, Top 20 firm based in the City of London. The role comes with a good salary, benefits and considering they are known for internal promotions, there is plenty of opportunities to progress.