Venn Group is currently recruiting for a permanent in-house solicitor position in a prestigious London based higher education institution.
The successful candidate must have 2-3 PQE and legal experience providing them with commercial exposure. This position would be ideal for a candidate who may already have experience working in the higher education environment and charity sector. However, candidates with a genuine interest to enter the higher education sector will also be considered.
It is essential that you have an up to date knowledge of commercial law. Experience with charity/constitutional law, company law and corporate governance and procurement law is welcomed, though not essential.
The position demands that the successful candidate have excellent IT skills, written skills and oral skills. You should have experience effectively working in a time-pressurised environment whilst maintaining a high-quality work output.
The day to day duties of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Being responsible for the drafting and negotiating of legal agreements and letters
- Reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts and other contracts including but not limited to general trading, construction, tenancies/licenses to occupy and occupation hire agreements
- Advising on matters such as the following;
- The legal implications relating to the status of the organisation as an exempt charity
- The legal issues relating to the role of the organisation as trustee of charitable trusts and as administrator of trusts, donations and legacies
- Legally contentious matters
- Intellectual property issues
- Property law issues affecting the organisation - the role would require a candidate to draft standard tenancy and license documents
- The legal aspects of the organisation's student appeals and complaints procedures
- Researching and reporting on a variety of legal and compliance issues
- Work with the procurement team on legal issues relating to tenders and invitations to tenders
- Liaising with staff, members of the Board of Trustees and committees, students and external legal advisers
Due to the high number of applicants for this role if you do not hear back from us regarding this permanent role within seven days then you have not been shortlisted for this vacancy.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.
If you or anyone you know may be interested in this permanent position or other legal position, then please contact Jennifer Brook or Alisha Dhesi on 020 7557 7667 or email email@example.com.