Retrain - Corporate to Company Secretarial
Retrain - corporate/commercial lawyer to undertake a governance secretary role working with UK board
My client, an international business headquartered in Leeds, seeks a commercially-focussed individual to act as Governance secretary, assisting the UK Board and management on governance procedures. This is an outstanding opportunity for a corporate lawyer seeking a change of direction.
Responsibilities will include:
- Running of the UK Boards and Board Committees: arranging the annual Board calendar of meetings, helping the Chairman to set agendas, arrange papers and presenters to the Board, advising on Board procedures and ensuring the Board follows them, ensuring all meetings are minuted and actions noted and owners provide updates to the board as required. Also Attending Board committee meetings at the request of the Chairman plus with the Compliance team inducting new Directors onto the Board and giving guidance on roles and responsibilities.
- Running of the UK Executive Committees
- Corporate Governance: reviewing all legislative, regulatory & corporate governance developments that might affect the Company's operations and ensuring the Board is briefed, with the GC keeping abreast of CSR developments and advising the Board accordingly, managing communications with investors with regard to corporate governance issues
- Regulatory Matters: ensuring that the standards and/or disclosures required by the UK Corporate Governance Code are observed and as appropriate reflected in the Annual Report of the Directors.
- Statutory Records: including ensuring compliance with all statutory filings, director changes, Annual Returns, filing of resolutions adopted at AGMs, new Articles of Association etc, ensuring compliance with Memorandum and Articles of Association, dealing with changes in the structure of the Company's share and loan capital.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a corporate lawyer keen to take on a business critical role. On offer is a generous remuneration package offering a wide range of benefits.
To learn more about this opportunity please send your CV to the consultant, Adele Callaghan (specifying full details of your current remuneration package) or call her on 0113 200 3717 to discuss the role.